Week 1 – Cyber Essentials
What’s on your cyberhero toolbelt? Get to know the basics of setting a secure starting point for your digital identity and online participation.
Things like managing your accounts and passwords, securing your personal information, and adopting multi-factor authentication are great ways to set a first line of defence against potential online trouble.
By being thoughtful about what information is shared online and with whom, Cyberheroes can successfully use the internet and digital technology for good, spreading positivity and respect – a true kryptonite to the virtual bad guys!
Learn more with these resources:
- Get to know the online safety basics for kids
- A more secure way to protect private data: Multi-factor Authentication
- Using strong passwords or passphrases and a password manager to keep track of it all
- If unsure, check how secure is your password
- Protecting your devices with antimalware and keeping software up to date
- Adjusting privacy settings on devices and apps